Jul 23, 2010

Alien Swarm is enjoyable

Alien SwarmNo, really. And as anyone vaguely interested in games should already know, it's completely free too, making Alien Swarm a perfect opportunity (for me at least) to taste mainstream action gaming. Possibly an opportunity to taste creativity and modding too. Alien Swarm is after all more than a game; it's a modding platform that has already come up with some interesting maps, and the first co-op, online, multiplayer, third-person shooter I got to truly enjoy. How very odd. Must be the fact that it feels like Alien Breed I suppose. Still prefer the old digital joystick, mind.

8 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I shovel some coal into the boiler and fire up steam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most excused. Mind you, if you need someone to shoot at stuff while you're shoveling let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I saw announcement of it on RockPaperShotgun and skipped it. But if even our retro-gnome says it deserves the bandwidth necessary to download it, well, so be it.

    To the engine room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yed, do that! And then let's be Steam friends and play one together. I'll be back Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D

    Downloading at full speed now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!

    Oh, and if you care for a few (one actually) Steam friend do try "Gnome KD"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will, I surely will. I might not have time to play today and Thursday is a little doubtful, but we WILL play together in co-op some time soon.

    As a bonus, you will have access to my detailed and shameful Left 4 Dead statistics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! Just add me Barts.

    ReplyDelete